9 and 23 August 2015.
Over two Sundays this August, LeithLate15 will be running a series of free Mural Tours, taking in some of Leith’s murals (both old and new) and giving the public an opportunity to meet some of the artists involved in the making of artworks. Tours will start at the iconic Leith mural painted by Tim Chalk and Paul Grime in the 1980s and finish at The Leith Aquatic mural produced by Blameless on Halmyre Street. A map of the tour will also be produced and distributed in order that anyone may follow the route in their own time.
There are six mural artworks featured in the tours, as follows:
• Leith History Mural by Tim Chalk & Paul Grime, by Leith Library
• Swanfield Mill Mural by David Wilkinson, Bonnington Road
• Eduardo Paolozzi Mural by Russell Ian Dempster, Henderson Street
• Untitled Mural by Tim Chalk, opposite Links View House, Tollbooth Wynd
• Leith Dockers Club Mural by Tom Ewing, Academy Street
• The Leith Aquatic Mural by Blameless Collective, Halmyre Street
Participating artists who will be present during the tours include:
• Tim Chalk
• Russell Ian Dempster
• Tom Ewing
• Rabiya Choudhry, Richie Cumming and Fraser Gray (Blameless Collective)